Friday 30 April 2010

Thursday 10th

Got up at 04:45 to bike to work. It's not the 20 mile journey that's a problem it's the getting up at stupid o'clock that tires me! Weather was lousy again with rain and a headwind. I did manage a smile however through Ulceby when I was confronted by a deer. We just stared at each other for twenty or so seconds. I stopped, reached for my phone to take a snap and it bolted, missed it!
There was a great tailwind on the way home and I was back in under 55 minutes which included a 5 minute tirade of abuse and gesturing at a lorry driver who I'd caught up at some traffic lights a few minutes later. Roadworks had made it a single file lane but he still forced his juggernaut past me expecting me to ride into the cones!!

Wednesday 9th
Deliberated whether to do the 10 mile time trial tonight or go for a long run. Although the long run would have benefited me more I couldn't resist the temptation of the time-trial. Ended up getting 2nd sandwiched between Yorkie and Clarky averaging just over 25.5 mph. I should have taken my trainers and followed Clarky and some of the girls' example by going running afterwards, but sadly, I sat in the pub listening to the Lincsquad committee meeting wondering why I was the only one drinking beer. Dedication!. Strangely, my chain fell off a couple of times on the way home, that would have been game over if it was in the time-trial an hour earlier.
Had to re-evaluate my expected finishing time for the Ironman when I discovered at last year's race the temperature was 35 degrees during the run!!! It's 31 degrees there now! That would add another 30-45 minutes at least onto my expected run time.

No comments:

Post a Comment