Thursday 15 April 2010

Friday 25th June

The time I'd biked back from work last night and got showered etc meant I'd only be getting 4 hours sleep before getting up to meet Andy V and Clarky for a ride in the wolds. I opted for the 'late start' of 08:30 with Phil B(another Ironman in training)instead. The plan was to do an 80 mile ride and then a 10 mile run but I'd got myself booked in at the Doctors in the afternoon to diagnose my pains. Let's be honest the run was never going to happen. If I'm being critical with my training then the actual running off the bike is where I've not been disciplined. I've taken the approach that it's going to hurt on the day anyway and although I can see the benefits of experiencing this pain. I also think would a boxer get in the ring with Tyson the week before he was meant to fight, let him knock him out just so he was use to the beating! I suspect it'll hurt just as much everytime Tyson knocks you out. Now then, where was I...
We ended up doing 79 miles in total which included our very own Red Arrow display up near Fillingham somwhere. The aerial spectacle was a good excuse to take on gels and flapjacks and the pace slowed compared to the previous 50 miles. This was the only respite in what was a good training session especially coming from Gringley into Gainsborough where we barely dipped under 28 mph.
Respect to Phil, who, when I left was donning his trainers and going for a run.....he obviously thought my 'Tyson' analogy was a load of cobblers!!
Oh nearly forgot, Doctor says I've a month to live!

No he didn't, that wasn't funny. He seems to think I've trapped my nerve receptors that travel around from my spine and go inbetween my ribs. Didn't give a cure but I've got some pain numbing patches to apply. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment