Thursday 29 April 2010

Friday 11th June

107 mile bike ride today and I certainly know about it! I've done a few long rides in the past but these have always included some quick nosh(can you still say this?)at a cafe stop! So I suppose they were like 2 x 50 milers in the same day. The fact I did it on my own also added to the misery as long rides seem to go a lot quicker when you can have a natter to your mates. I must say I did 'bonk'(another word that can cause a titter[and another])at about the 90 mile mark which coincided with me running out of water. I promised myself I would do a short run as soon as I got in. My knees absolutely wrecked so my short run wasn't even half a mile. I couldn't have the neighbours hearing me screaming like a girl so I yet again talked myself out of it!
I tried to order a bike box to rent for my bike during the trip. They're all booked out, probably going where I'm going. I'd better get ringing around sharpish or I'll be going nowhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment