Wednesday 28 April 2010

Saturday 12th June


I didn’t do a great deal today with me being in bed from my nightshift. I was going to go swimming but the lane swimming clashed with the England game so I gave it a miss. I’ll bike the 20 miles to work tonight though so I at least do something. My knees are still aching from the attempted run following my long ride yesterday, bit of a concern really. Well, it’s 3 weeks tomorrow before the Klaxon sounds the start of the race. I think I could do with another fortnight’s training to be completely confident but apparently most people going into an Ironman have the same ‘I haven’t done enough training’ worries. I suppose this is to be expected as with most athletic events you would at least attempt to do the distances you are expected to do in the race so that mentally you know you can do it. This should never be attempted with an Ironman as your body would take too long to recover. Even running the marathon distance in training is not advised as you wouldn’t fully recovery for several days and this would be seen as valuable sessions missed

No comments:

Post a Comment