Saturday 24 April 2010

Thursday 17th June

What a cracking sunny day. I went out on the TT bike to get a little more accustomed to the riding position and was pleasantly suprised not to be walking hunched over with a cricked neck! I did set the handlebars up a bit from my time-trial position to hopefully not restrict my internal organs when in the aero position. It seemed to work anyway as I got 80 miles in with no aches and pains. No pains that is except for a personal one that I certainly don't want to share with you lot but it seems I may have the beginning of an age related problem that's commonly known in the trade as the 'Farmer Giles'..Man I'm still whincing.
I've got to say it wasn't exactly 80 miles without stopping though as I biked to Browny's in Owston Ferry, had some snap, and then he joined me for a 30 mile stint before I biked back home. It was good to see the average up at 21.5 and 22.5mph for the journey there and back this is a good couple of mile an hour faster than my racer time, all for the same amount of effort. TT bikes do make a difference.
Right then, let's get some treatment.......

No comments:

Post a Comment