Tuesday 6 April 2010

Race Day

My pre race goals….
Plan A, to complete in 10 hrs 59 mins and 59 secs.
Plan B. if I’m trying to achieve Plan A but suffering big time then just 'simply' finish the course!

03:55 and three alarms all going off simultaneously was to be the start of a very long day. The restaurant had actually opened for breakfast for the athletes (that’s what they called us) but Tucker and I chose to stick with our tried and tested cereals, oats with bananas, nuts and berries being mine.
The bus got us to the transition area where we’d racked our bikes and transition bags (the previous night) with an hour and a half to spare. I pumped more air into the tubs and fitted three full water bottles of energy drink and water before donning the wet-suit. I’d never used the bike /run/street wear bag method before so my mind was working overtime to ensure I had all that I needed in the relevant bags. With a few nervous visits to the busy porta-loos we eventually took our positions at the lake side

No comments:

Post a Comment