Tuesday 27 April 2010

Sun 12th & Mon 13th June


Malc,Myself, Al and Andy (three of the other lads attempting Ironman Austria)

Sunday 13th
Biked 20 miles back from work following a night-shift. Not too sure I’ll do this again as I was spent. A journey that usually takes me 55 minutes took 1hour and 15mins in the miserable rain and headwind. I didn’t enjoy it and just wanted to get home and into bed.
Went swimming with Lincsquad before my night-shift.
I’m a little disappointed with the ‘Just giving’ site as I’ve tried to access the site several times over the weekend to see who’s made a kind donation but on each occasion it says ‘Site undergoing maintenance’ or words to that effect. What frickin good is that!!!!!!! Now everybody will say…. ‘Well I tried to donate but the site was closed for maintenance’

Monday 14th

Quick turnaround but before work I managed to get 100 lengths in at the pool in just over 40 minutes. I still haven’t actually swam the 2.4 mile distance (150 lengths) that I’m expected to do yet. I’m sort of taking the approach if I can swim 100 lengths then I can swim 200 or 300 lengths. This cocky approach may come back to bite me but it’s bloody boring enough without doing another 50 lengths!

No comments:

Post a Comment