Saturday 10 April 2010

Wednesday June 30th

Well, almost packed. There seems to be some confusion with bike box and suitcase weight limits. Tucker has read that we can only take 32Kgs in total that's including bike-box and suitcase!! I hope they're leniant as I have over 50kg!!
I did go for a gentle 6 mile run today just so my legs don't forget what to do!! I must admit plodding at just over 8 minute miles does feel very comfortable, almost too slow, although I'm sure I'd quite happily settle for that pace on Sunday, in fact I easy would.
Just read a few 'all the best' texts, e-mails etc and feel really up for it! Thanks to everyone who's followed this blog and given me your support.
I'm now armed with thoughts, proverbs, ditty's, Rocky songs and many more words of advice to keep my spirits up when I'm feeling low. I can taste that cool pint of lager at the finish line and the other 12 to follow it! By the looks of it I should exceed my £500 target for the 'Magic Moments' charity too. So there's some more encouragement to keep going.How can I let them down!
That's me for at least a week now. All the training and hard work's done so hopefully on my return I'll be able to call myself an...... 'Ironman'.
I'll put you in the picture when I get back, cheers Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment