Sunday 11 April 2010

5 days before race. Tuesday 29th

Started to get my things together for the flight on Thursday. I fetched the Bikebox from good old Dan and Andy Veitch allowed me to borrow his aero helmet on the proviso I carry a big 'Homecrafts' placard around with me. No he didn't! Although if he reads this he will probably see it as an opportunity missed.
I got in the pool for 45 mins at dinner but I was just getting wet really, I didn't have a training plan in mind so I just went through the motions. I did speak to a few of the guys who I share a lane with at the dinnertime sessions. These 3 guys must think I'm an ignorant sod because the last 6 months I've just churned up and down the pool choosing to tumble-turn at the ends and not really stopping for idle chatter. The three, bless em, always pull out of the way for me so not to interfere with my training. They wait until I pass and then follow me for a while so as not to disturb me for another 6-8 lengths. Not that they'll ever read this, but thanks guys.
I suppose I'll write something tomorrow but that will be my last post before the race as I haven't got a lap-top to take with me.
I'll try to remember a bit of the pre-race nerves and experiences and I'll also write an epic piece on the actual race before bringing this blog to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment