Monday 12 April 2010

Monday 28th June

Wasn't sure whether to do something today or not because according to some it's just rest this week. I figured a steady bike to Browny's house 25 miles away on my TT bike wouldn't qualify as hard training. The 25 mile ride back was a lovely backwind so I couldn't help but sit at 28 mph for long periods. Pasta dinner when I got back to start off the carb-loading week. Weather forecast in Klagenfurt is indicating 31 degrees!!! Bugger!!

Thanks again to those who've sponsored me it does help when I get an E-mail to say someone's given a donation. I think your messages of encouragement are great, thanks.

Sunday 27th June.

I contemplated running today, in truth, I didn't dare go as I was still nervous about the chest pains. I knew if the chest pains kicked in I would be mightily depressed and would be flying out expecting to walk the 26 miles rather then run.
Angie said, well you might aswell know one way or the other and if it is still bad you've got a few more options to get it sorted.
I took her advice and went for a 5k run with her biking next to me (armed with a defibrilator, lol). To describe the pain it's like a hook inside my ribs which I could feel instantly as I set off. Over the last week this hook has pulled at my ribs and made it unbearable to do anything except clutch my chest. I can say with huge relief that the pulling of the hook didn't happen enough to stop me and if anything the pain eased the more I got into the run. Man, was I elated! The pain still hasn't gone away but at least I know I can run through it. I still have the magic patches to apply from the Doctor too.
I might call that my last run now as I'm fairly positive (in my mind anyway) that I can run my way around the course. I'm still way short of running mileage in the bank but I'm sure I can just slow the pace down to stretch it out to the full marathon distance. I'm certainly fit enough it's just if the body can hold out!

No comments:

Post a Comment