Saturday 1 May 2010

Tuesday 8th June

Reluctantly went for a ride in the rain today to my mum’s in Gainsborough averaging just over 20mph. Got sodden wet through!
Didn’t fare so well on the way back due to more rain and a head wind. I was at least disciplined enough to stick the trainers on and go for a 5 mile run as soon as I got in though. I must do a few more of these brick sessions in the next week or so as it’s the aches and pains when you set off running(off the bike) that can give you negative thoughts before you even begin to make a dent into the 26 miles.
I need to get out on the TT bike too to experience a long ride in the more uncomfortable aero position, not in the wet though. Trouble is, time’s ticking by!
I weighed myself today and the scales show this is the lightest I’ve been (13st 5lb) since I was about 18! I’ve lost over 2 stone in a year and a half!! Not sure if I’m happy about this or not but carrying an extra 2 stone around the 140 mile distance wouldn’t have helped my cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment