Tuesday 4 May 2010

Sun 6th June

Sun 6th June

As anyone who’s trained for, or is training for an Ironman will tell you, it is, no doubt, a selfish undertaking. When your wife is talking of decorating rooms you can’t help but drift away… thinking……… How exactly will a new conservatory suite help me bike 112 miles? I am aware of this and I do seem to be putting a few jobs on the back-burner. But as an extra reminder to how much DIY work I haven’t been doing I got up today to find the conservatory stripped bare! I don’t think we’d been burgled unless the considerate thief decided to fill the skirting boards up with wood filler? Oh, and the lawns have been cut! I must try harder.

I thought a 10 mile run to Waddingham and back would be the best way of reflecting on how I was going to juggle all these balls. Oh, a lack of sleep being another ‘ball’. It’s a viscous circle because I have to train to realize my goal but with ‘training long’ comes tiredness(or is this just an age thing). Trying to steal the odd lay in on my days off just gets me further behind in my list of jobs. The run felt a little bit flat today and I certainly didn’t pull up any trees as my time was a couple of minutes down on previous runs. Having said this I did manage to even the score with my ‘Virtual Partner’ just getting under 1 hour 20 by a minute. I can see this rivalry between me and the Garmin is going to end in tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment