Sunday 2 May 2010

Monday 7th June

Went to the leisure centre at dinner for a swim but arrived late and didn't get much time before the school kids were in. Managed a mile in just under 25 minutes before retiring to the sauna.
Got a text from Binchy and Clarky to join them at 18:30 for open water swimming in the River Ancholme.I was a bit worried about a couple of holes in my wet-suit but felt reassured when their wet-suits resembled patchwork quilts from similar war wounds. Pete and Stenno were also there so it turned into a bit of a thrash-fest as all 5 of us swam the 2.4 k distance. I was stopped in my tracks at one point as I headbutted a bit of floating driftwood. Feeling concussed, bruised and about to go into shock I tried to explain to my fellow Ironmen what had happened. I didn't seem to get a lot of sympathy as Clarky smiled before saying 'Come on then, off we go' and swum off!!
Enjoyed the swim though and getting use to the chafing of the wet-suit is all good practice for Austria.
But a good day of exercise was slightly marred when I turned down Binchy's offer of an 06:00 ride out the following day. My 'Old Pecuiliar'ales and a DVD were waiting at home. This is where myself and the rest of the Ironman fraternity seem to have differing opinions on the consumption of beer. They say you shouldn't have it and I say you should!!! How can so many people be wrong.LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Great to see the donations going up. Thanks to all those who've kindly donated.

    ReplyDelete